Planning for a surgery requires some preparation. To help, review our commonly asked questions below. If you still have questions, call us and we’d be happy to assist you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A nurse from Northern Lakes Surgery Center will call you within a week of your procedure. If you have any questions before or after our nurse contacts you, call your provider’s office.
When you arrive, enter the St. Luke’s Plaza main entrance. A door to Northern Lakes Surgery Center will be on your right.
You are likely to have questions about your surgery. We will contact you a few days before to check in and answer any questions you may have. However, if you have any questions before this you can call us at 218.509.2100.
- Arrange for a ride to and home from your surgery.
- Leave all valuables and medications at home.
- Plan to bring your photo ID and insurance card(s), cases for contacts, glasses, hearing aids, etc., CPAP machine (if you use), remote for an implanted stimulator (if you have one), and a copy of your advanced directive (if you have one). If you are a legal guardian, please bring a copy of certified guardianship papers.
- Sign up for St. Luke’s myCare Patient Portal to access operation notes and other information after your procedure.
- Do not drink, eat, chew gum or suck on hard candy, smoke, vape or chew tobacco, wear makeup or nail polish, apply lotion or deodorant, or bring any valuables with you.
- Do take your morning medications with a sip of water before you leave home (as directed by your physician), take a shower or bath, remove all jewelry and body piercings, wear loose-fitting clothes, and arrive on time.
After your immediate recovery from surgery, you will be brought to a private room for an hour or two. Your provider will discuss your procedure with you, as well as what to expect while healing.
Once you have recovered enough to leave, you will be discharged and someone else will need to drive you home. Your ride home should be arranged prior to your surgery.
A nurse from Northern Lakes Surgery Center will call you a few days after your surgery to check on your recovery. If you have any concerns in the meantime, call your provider’s office.
- Patients may have up to two adult visitors; children are not allowed. Exceptions may be made for special circumstances by calling us at 218.509.2100 ahead of the scheduled surgery date.
- Visitors must not have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, nor be awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
INSURANCE AND BILLING
Northern Lakes Surgery Center is covered by most major insurance companies, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. Call the number on the back of your insurance card to confirm coverage.
Yes, you can expect a bill for facility fees for Northern Lakes Surgery Center. You will also receive a bill from your surgeon or provider. You may also receive a bill for laboratory services and/or anesthesia services.
You may download a Request for Amendment of Medical/Billing Record here or request a copy from our front desk. Please complete and follow the submission guidelines on the bottom of the first page.
You will likely receive bills from multiple entities following your procedure. You will receive a bill from Northern Lakes Surgery Center for fees such as the facility and anesthesia. You will likely also receive a bill from your provider’s office for professional fees. Follow the instructions on each respective bill to pay them. There is no online bill pay available for Northern Lakes Surgery Center at this time.
Financial assistance is available. Contact us for more information.
Costs for surgeries are typically lower at a freestanding surgery center than they would be if they were performed in a hospital setting. In addition, for those in the Moose Lake area, having your surgery at Northern Lakes Surgery Center means you won’t have to travel far from home.
To have your surgery at Northern Lakes Surgery Center, you’ll need to schedule a consultation with one of our expert providers.
Medical records of your procedure performed at Northern Lakes Surgery Center are available via online request: follow this link to St. Luke’s webpage. Under “Medical Record Requests” and “Patients,” click on “Click Here to Request Records.” Select “Northern Lakes Surgery Center.”
Note: St. Luke’s is a co-owner of Northern Lakes Surgery Center.
Call our front desk at 218.509.2100.
Yes! Sign up for St. Luke’s myCare Patient Portal to help manage your Northern Lakes Surgery Center health information online easily, securely and on your schedule.